Quote:

Sorry to hear that yours fried. I haven't had any problems with mine. Andy and I both run Mercedes fans that were damaged in collisions.

If they give you much fuss, see if you can get a second fan, swap the motors, then send it back. They get an unmolested shroud back.

they said when they get that one back they'll send another one out. so far so good except for the 1 1/2 week turnaround time. (freight from Fl. to Ca. and back)
i went back and looked at the wiring to make sure i didn't mess up there, but it's wired up just like your picture. the only difference is the placement of where it plugs in is different than yours.
with the fan mounted upright (normal position) the connector plugs in on the drivers side with the connector plugging in from the top. in your picture the fan is upside down, but if it were right side up the connector would be going in from the bottom. i just followed your wiring method to hook it up. hopefully i just got a bad fan and there's not something different with the way it's supposed to be wired. i'm reasonably sure if the positive and ground wires had been reversed it would have let me know right away. it's just a guess on my part but if i used the wrong terminal for the trigger the fan probably wouldn't have run at all.
any input???

machine shop owner and engine builder