Quote:

Quote:

Which way is better to hook up the power.Alternator'battery or at the starter relay?What guage wire are you using 10 guage?

10 gauge is for 30 amps , that thing pulls 60 to start , I think you are looking at a 4 gauge CABLE ...

The fan flashed to 50 amps just long enough to see it on a digital meter then it backed down. They run at 39 amps.

I ran from the alternator. You can do that, the battery, or the starter relay. Whatever is easiest. They are all major power centers.

The wire from the factory is 12 gauge with really thick insulation.
Since I only had to run 3 feet of wire, I used some 10 gauge that I had on hand. It's thicker than the 12 gauge the factory uses to run 5 feet from the power distribution block.

If you have to run from a battery out back, I'd step up a size but if you're keeping the run fairly short you should be okay. 4 gauge cable isn't necessary. The 130+ amp alternators don't run that size cable back to the battery. Perhaps you're thinking 120 VAC?

Have you fired up that fan yet as a bench test? The first time you do, you'll wonder when it's going to start spinning. When it begins to spin you'll wonder if it'll ever stop accelerating.
They really do move stupid amounts of air.

We are brothers and sisters doing time on the planet for better or worse. I'll take the better, if you don't mind.
- Stu Harmon