OK a little confused.....not hard for me.

@hooziewhatsit The 10% PWM makes sense to keep the fan off, this bodes well for the LED on ny dashboard, The circuit design by Alec shows it coming on when there is >20% PWM, so that sorts that.

@Andrewh Re testing, this is where I am a tad confused. If the PWM of 10% is missing then testing without the signal should be sufficient to spin up the fan? I have read that this could happen and one instance where the fan worked for a couple of days, I just want to run it up to speed, check it fits my car, and start the install.

@lockjaw-express Nice neat install, many years back I had similar fans on my V12 Jaguar Coupe, back then they did not move enough air but, by removing parts of the plastic grill behind them airflow was increased, the grill apart from supporting the motor is also a safety feature to stop silly people putting their fingers in there, I cannot remember how many we took out, perhaps every second or third 'rung'?

Airflow was definitively increased, further mods to increase the motor horepower meant changing the fans to something more powerful. No big deal if you are sorted noe but worth noting in the future if the need for more cooling arises.

Regards

Dave

Last edited by Dave 2000; 11/14/17 06:50 PM.