Quote:

No magic stall at all. My first converter was a Dynamic that Sean supposedly had set up for my combination. It was a 9" unit that went to 4800. I had also talked to JW and they just happened to call me back a few weeks later to see if I ever bought a converter. After telling him my combination he said no way did I need a 9" and 4800 was too tight. He told me he could build me an 8" that would run much better than the Dynamic unit. I took a chance and ordered it and sold my Dynamic. I put it in and it went to 5200-5300 and picked up .5 and 5 mph. It also worked great with nitrous. With a glide you want it to stall within 1000-1500 rpms of where you shift. If you shift at 7000 you want a converter that will flash to 5800-6000 when you launch the car.

Gotcha, does this 1000 -1500 stall below shift rpm theory apply to all cars regarldess of weight ,hp ,etc.Im not trying to ask a dumb question ,im just trying to learn .A convertor swap is needed on my car as well ,just wanting to get one thats right for my car ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykcsXMV3vfg My Dart ,and im just getting started...