Quote:

If cheaper stuff is the goal why are all the glide lovers want to run a mopar? Buy an 85 camaro, its cheaper than a dart.

I would rather have the TH400 than a glide, its a matter of gear ratio selection.

Also if they need more room for the converter why not just space the trans out a little.

The whole "bragging about gear ratios" thing is the guys that want to brag they have 4.88s in the chevy or 4.10s in a mopar, it just seems to me the chevy guys at the shows think it is a kings crown when they put 4.88 gear in there camaro and mopar guys all like to brag about the 4.10s they have. I don't know why but I hear those comments at every show I go to, "its got 4.88s" with a huge smile on there face

I run a glide in my car because thats what works the best. If you have a car that makes good power you dont need a 2.45 first gear. A glide only takes about 16 hp to operate vs. about 50 hp for a 727. Ive run a 904, 727, and a glide and have had the best ET and least amount of problems with a glide. Ive also got a smallblock Mopar powered 86 mustang coupe and its got a glide as well along with an 8.8 rear. Why? Because a glide takes less power to operate than a 727 and its stonger. An 8.8 is more efficient than a 8 3/4 or a Dana 60. I know some are hard core Mopar guys but I run what makes my car the fastest with the least amount of problems.