Quote:

Quote:

The NHRA Competition Eliminator guys will be pissed after reading this post. Most of them as GM guys run pro-flite trannys (AKA HYBRID 904's). I am sure they will be glad to know they can pick up the performance of their cars by switching to a glide.

Go to any Outlaw race or heads up series and see what 95% of the cars are running. Money isn't an issue on those cars and if there was something faster then they would be running it. I can guarantee if a pro-flite was faster and more durable than a glide they would have one. I have no doubt that a pro-flite is quicker than a 904 or a 727 and I think there are applications where they make sense for some racers, but I would bet in most cases a glide set up is a LOT less money and more durable for most racers. I can run 5.80's in my street car for several years and not touch the tranny so I would say they have their place too. There's a reason they are so popular.

Please. I felt this topic was about who ran power glides and I said OK, stay out of it. After watching the last few comments, I had to chime in. I run a Pro Flite and it out performed the glide by 0.15 faster. Paul Ricci with a well sorted out SS/AM car with a glide (former record holder)also picked up 0.15 over the glide as well with his pro flite. Pretty much most Comp eliminator guys run one as they have proven to be faster than the glide. As far as durablitiy goes, Lonnie Johnson In Comp runs a Larry Morgan Hemi with a Pro Flite and I asked him about how many passes he gets out of his and he said it has 150 runs right now and still going strong. That is with almost 1400 Hp. As Fred stated they are expensive but they are reliable.
Everyone should run what they want and move on. I'm going to keep my 3 speed as it works for me. My car likes it and my 4 link can take anything I throw at it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! Now pass the popcorn!