Quote:

it all depends on what your goal is. i've said it before there's a reason the powerglide is the most popular racing transmission.

Reason number one is most cars race chevt motors and it is the toughest chevy trans.

Reason number 2 is Because every one can brag about runing 4.88 gears with them when it would take off too fast with a 2.45 1st gear 727.

Reason number 3 is it is admitedly a simple trans, takes more brains to re-build a 727 but a PG is so easy a caveman could do it.

I have never heard of any one going faster useing a PG that a 727 with the correct gear ratio. If you hear of someone that went faster it was because they had the wrong gear and or converter in the 727 plain and simple.

You can run more consistant with a PG because you have one less shift to hit at the right time (who says you have to hit 3rd in a 727?) but you will either leave some TQ on the table at the starting line or spin un nessacary RPM at the finish line.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!