Quote:

Quote:

If I were trying to go fast I would still have the 904 in there. 3 speed will almost assuredly outperform a two speed, assuming the car hooks, which is a big assumption. The glide is not the answer for MOST cars that want to go fast. There is a reason the pro stockers have 5 gears. Because their setup warrants keeping that thing WAY up in the rpms and the 5 speed can do that.
BTW the guy that started this thread asked for info from guys that are running glides in their Mopars. This thread suffers from scope creep

I can only speak from my own experiences. My particular car has run quicker and has more mph with the glide than with my 904 or 727. I have a buddy with a turbo Duster (.030 340) that went from a 904 to a glide and picked up a couple tenths and several mph. I also have a friend that went from a c4 in his mustang to a glide and picked up ET and mph so there are lots of cases of cars actually going faster and not just more consistent. I dont have one in my car for consistency, Its still in there because its faster and more durable than my 904 was. The right converter is crucial in a glide. I went from a 4800 stall to a 5200 and went from 7.0's @ 99 to 6.50's @ 104 so its very possible that people that have tried glides just didn't have the right converter and thats why they weren't as fast as their previous tranny. That may not always be the case but I havn't seen a case yet myself where a glide wasn't quicker when set up correctly. At least not on a car that makes good power.

This is very interesting indeed.Your car actually picked up a 1/2 second in the 1/8 and 5 mph with just that much more convertor stall?I wish i knew which stall was ideal for my combo with the my Glide .How did you know which way to go with the convertor and how many did you go through before you found the magic stall ???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykcsXMV3vfg My Dart ,and im just getting started...