Quote:

I can tell the difference from new paint and OE paint and that is something you can never reproduce.

The age of a paint job has no correlation whatsoever with it being OE correct. What you are actually stating is that you have the ability to recognize the difference between a new paint job with that of a survivor. I would imagine that anyone here could do that! Just because a paint job looks new, does not mean that it cannot have identical traits of a factory OE job. Even the old survivors were new and fresh when they were first built. I would hope no one is naive enough to think that a 40 year old survivor paint finish has the same look that it did the day it rolled off of the assembly line. Our team has already duplicated an OE factory paint job with the Challenger project a year ago. I can assure you that the paint characteristics it displayed were that of a factory vehicle from 1970. I will assure you that the Valiant we bring to the Nationals will also have a 100% correct factory paint finish. Simply being able to recognize the difference between an old and new paint job does not take away from it's correctness. An OE correct paint job does not require that it has to look old and weathered!