Quote:

Quote:

I gaurentee I can tell you which is which

Please do not take this response as being combative. Last year, a guy on this forum told me that "I was going to eat crow" because I said that the Challenger we were restoring would look like a factory correct vehicle when it was completed. He was obviously judging our efforts by his own shortcomings, limitations and understanding of the project. If you have ever tried to do an OE Factory type paint job, you would realize that the skill and effort is ten times more involved than simply spraying paint, sanding and buffing. It is the later paint process that is performed by a novice so they can hide or fix their inability to correctly apply the paint to begin with. As far as your "gaurentee" to tell a factory job from an OE restoration, I will gladly take you up on that challenge. Make it a point to come to next years Mopar Nationals and I will guarantee that your ability to distinguish the difference will not be as easy as you presume.
Please accept my apology for abbreviating your previous quote and condensing it to the point.

no appologies needed but I can tell the difference from new paint and OE paint and that is something you can never reproduce.
i'm not putting down your work or abilities as I know it takes more work and skills to do an OE style paintjob and have it come out clean and not have to buff it.First of all you have to use enamel paint as there was no Basecoat/Clearcoat paintjobs back then.I'm not sure about Mopars but Fords and Chevy's had Lacquer on them back in the 60's and 70's and then progressed to the enamels as they were more durable then the lacquers and had a deeper shine.
I have seen many nice quality rsto's but you can always tell it's not a Surviver with immaculate paint that has survived like new. The OE survivor paintjobs no matter how good of shape they are still reflect and old paintjob as the new paints just have the certain look and fresh gloss. You can kill some of the fresh paint look by going over it with a buffer without wetsanding it smooth but it still looks different then 30 year old paint and that is what I meen that I can tell it's not an OE original paintjob