Hello:
WOW WOW you asked and you certainly got answers...first congrats. on owing your car since new. Not many of us around..I have had my GTS since new as I ordered the car.
As I have always said "it's your car do what makes you happy. "Over restored or "OE"? First question how much money you got? No matter which way you go the truth is you will never recoup even close to what you will spend..I belive the choice is yours weigh what you have read here carefully...Most of it is good advice, some of it self serving. After you have your car completed you will find if you intend to keep it show worthy
you will spend lots of time on it..little things like a oil seep can ruin the paint on the block, and its not an easy fix, if its done right. Brake lines discolor and fittings corode even in the best of conditions..a small scratch can destroy your 25k paint job..a blown fuse can ruin your day,keeping these cars up is a lot of work, don't let any one kid you.
I'm not going to give you a buch of names of where to go you have that already. I just want to wish you the best in your decision, and hope to see you in a show sometime.

Thank You
Maynard