Quote:

So , my wifes uncle was in town and he bought some 4 door piece of crap called a Lancer EVO. He asks if I want to get my AAR out and "race a real car". I just laughed at him. I was a good boy and didn't run him (even though there is a very nice long straight stretch in front of my house). It just cracks me up that he thinks his EVO could "blow my doors off".
I wanted to ask him when he was going to grow a set and buy a real car, but I refrained.

I would be very careful about running that Evo on the street. Even if your car runs 11's at the track, the street is a whole different animal. As was stated above an AWD Evo with only minor mods could humble you real quick.

As for the Flashlight Drags, try the Beaver Run events. I believe the next one is 10/3. Maybe you can race my sons $2500 Honda. I'm still a big block Mopar guy and hope to have my Plymouth there but will be very careful about laughing at any import. The last Beaver Run Flashlight Drags was the first time a "Top Import" beat a "Top Domestic". It was a stock looking Eclipse against an old MG with a big block Chevy. The MG/BBC beat every domestic car there that day, and it was real quick! The Eclipse trounced the BBC, aired up his tires and drove over an hour home.

I used to always say "there's no replacement for displacement". Times have definitely changed......

Last edited by 1badx; 09/16/09 08:35 AM.