Quote:

Quote:

So , my wifes uncle was in town and he bought some 4 door piece of crap called a Lancer EVO. He asks if I want to get my AAR out and "race a real car". I just laughed at him. I was a good boy and didn't run him (even though there is a very nice long straight stretch in front of my house). It just cracks me up that he thinks his EVO could "blow my doors off".
I wanted to ask him when he was going to grow a set and buy a real car, but I refrained.

Careful there that AWD Evo will whoop up on you on the street.

You want to really get his GOAT the next time he starts mouthing. Tell him his EVO is 1/3 Mopar.

Heres how: In the late 80's a company was created call Diamons Star Motors. It was staffed by Mitsubishi, Mopar and Hyundai engineers. With the understanding that all Corporates had equal rights to what ever technology came out of the venture. DSM=Diamond Star Motors brought us the 4G63 engine in cars such as the Plymouth Laser, Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon(a chrysler company)and some Hyundai car?? Later it was also used in the Mitsu Galant VR-4 which eventually evolved into the EVO.(hence the name EVOlution) To this day the EVO still carries the 4G63 engine in a reverse configuration.

NOW YOU KNOW THE REST OF THE STORY!!

GOOD DAY!!

I have a 1991 Plymouth Laser myself.

I have personally helped a guy get his Eclipse from 14.0's to 11.30's for less than $4500 with bolt ons.

Of all the imports out there. EVOs, Eclipse, Laser, Talon, and Supras are ones I don't even take my chances with.

VR-4s came BEFORE the eclipse/laser/talon trio. I too own an AWD talon... cheapest speed out there right now IMO (bought mine for $900).

To the poster, well I hope you turn at least mid 13's without the nitrous, otherwise you're in trouble. If it's a newer EVO they'll turn mid to low 13s stock...