Quote:

In the 54 years of my being around Chrysler cars I have encountered many, many crappy running engines, some barely running!
I learned early on to first check for correct intermediate shaft installation, many are wrong. Install the intermediate shaft correctly to put the dist in phase and it's a done deal time and time again. Some people will argue but I continue doing what I know works!

This is nothing but absolute nonsense. You can toss the shaft, and the dist in any old way you want, and plug no1 wire in where ever the rotor points with no1 up ready to fire, and the engine will run just fine.

YOU CAN NOT CHANGE dist cap phasing by changing anything OUTSIDE of the distributor, including the cam timeing, the slop in the chain, the cam drive advance / retard if present, how the cam is degreed, or the dist. timing itself. NONE OF THIS changes rotor phase in older vehicles with conventional distributors.

This is one reason I get so damn rude sometimes. There are people who know of what they speak, and others who run the sheeple off the cliff. If you cannot prove what is going on here, then so far's I'm concerned, you don't know for sure.

I've looked at ONE HELL of a lot of dist. caps over the years. A LOT. All this talk about "most" dist's needing "phasing." I still say this: WHERE IS THE PROOF? I've looked at many, many MANY caps and rotors, and if they were very far out of phase, you could SEE IT because of the CARBON TRACKING, the COPPER TRACKING or the ALUMINUM TRACKING or whatever else contacts are made of.