Quote:

There is a air bleed inside the venturi behind the vacuum diaphragm,if you look down inside you will see a small hole cover it with you finger and the diaphragm tube at the same time,it should hold vacuum.On the float level,you will notice the sight plug is higher on the center carb,you can go higher on the ends but will probably have a problem if you go much higher on the center.Just finished this set,sight plug location is very easy to see.

Date code on bowl is 82.

Next post has air bleed location.

I'll cover the bleeds today and make sure the pod to body seal is holding later. Using the sight glass, I set it to just be visible, afterwardds when I removed the sight glass to put the plug back in it didn't dump a lot of fuel like one that is set high either. The base float set up I have always heard and used on a center pivot you set the top of the float parallel to the top of the bowl and then adjust on the car running. In the picture my bowl isn't close to parallel.

I will definitely give you this, mine don't look nearly that good, not to get your trade secret but do you recoat the carbs or is that some brand of carb paint?

Careful, your character's showing!