Quote:

I've got a set of new six pack carbs from Mopar Performance.

While driving under normal circumstances they constantly surge and surge....
I've checked for vacuum leaks and set the outboards to make sure they're shut completly, but now I'm at a loss...

Any ideas? Suggestions?

What did you end up finding? My AAR is surging at highway speeds (2500-3000ish RPMS) and I figured lean. I am fixin to drive it 3000 miles so I don't want lean that's for sure. I did some diggin and came up with this thread. I am just starting to think about it so I haven't really checked anything. I don't believe there are any vacuum leaks and I am not sure of the jet size. Initial timing is at 10*, not sure of total timing, haven't checked. I am running a new single point distributor with an Accel undercap conversion and an Accel Super Coil. I went through the carbs myself (built plenty over the years) and they seem to work great, since it was an operating set up (although I never drove it) I went back with the jets that were in it. This is the only performance issue I have noticed in 800 miles of driving since waking it up.

Stock T/A 340 except for a P4452992 camshaft, .474 lift 280 duration and a 4144 center carb.

Thanks in advance for any input, Kevin

Careful, your character's showing!