Quote:

Quote:

Only the sub compact cars used tube chassis early on. The Hill Duster is from 1975.
Quote:

Not sure where you got that info from, after Pomona in 1972, most, if not all of the serious pro stock cars were started as tube cars. I'd call class I stock frame regardless of year, and class II tube cars regardless of year, because you could have had it either way back then. The picture may be from 1975, but the Leal/Hill car pictured was started at Butler's late 1972. Our car is still in process, might be able to make a late October race.

Listen to these other guys. Jenkins Vega was NOT a tube chassis, it was back halved. In fact, custom or aftermarket chassis were not even legal until 1974 or 75. Highly modified back halved cars were. The "tube chassis" did not come out until years later. It's what's popular in modern Super Gas/Comp cars, which of course you realize. Carlton's Wire Car, the most expensive and highly engineered car at the time (1975) was not even a tube chassis. Don't let the semantics fool you. A tissue is not a Kleenex, but a Kleenes is a tissue. No era correct car will be denied. FYI, despite the Jenkins claims which I've read about for years, Paul Frost developed the first drag racing dry sump on Billy Stepp's '71 Challenger.