Quote:

Mopar + powerglide =

I agree. Just because one CAN run a PG, doesn't mean one SHOULD. Now I understand conveinience, consisitency, etc. but remember the purpose of the class is to re-anct & honor those drivers & cars that got many of us so excited about hot rods in the first place. Maybe the unknowing can't tell an auto vs. stick launch but I believe myself & many others can, and besides, who wouldn't want to get back to bangin' gears like the old days? The high-end guys can cetainly afford to convert & the low-buck guys (like myself) would look at it as finally "stepping up" to ProStock and racing like we always wanted to. This is a class that could be as successful as CIFCA is out West. Anyone that sees a CIFCA event isn't expecting 4 or 5 second times--- they want to see something different or perhaps an old favorite running again & that's it. The posters here crying over stick-vs.- automatic are, IMO taking it all too seriously which IS how this whole thing will get killed.Instead the veteran & high-dollar guys should be encouraging everyone to step into the arena instead of bickering amongst themselves over a simple trans swap. Again, remember the purpose of the class, for now, is to have fun.