Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks for the input! Here were the rules straight out of NHRA.
a. 1972 NHRA Rules: Any transmission acceptable with forward and reverse gears. Must remain in conventional location determined by engine used. Manual clutch automatic transmissions are permitted.
b. 1983 NHRA Rules: Any transmission with a maximum of five forward speeds and reverse allowed. Clutchless units accepted. Must remain in conventional location determined by engine used.

We're not in a position to demand that people make large investments for a hobby race. When I created the Max Wedge Shootout in 1993, it was to allow Max Wedge guys to race who couldn't be competitive, or legal, in NHRA Stock Eliminator. I don't have to tell you how wildly successful that class has become. Let's see what this class brings. Listen to Hemi Fred. He's been there, done that.

Other than the early Motown Missle with a clutchflite, I NEVER saw an early pro stock car with anything other than a 4 speed. Neither has anyone else. You are selling them a pig with lipstick. Spectators won't buy it.

We're not reinventing history, we're just honoring it.

My dad made his living racing in this era and a very good one at that. I will have a car for this series if possible.

I need this question answered as I have mentioned it 3x with no answer.

WILL TRANSBRAKES BE ALLOWED?

Please answer this question.

Herb McCandless Jr