Take a minute and gather your thoughts. Absorb the good advice some here have given. From my perspective, you are not far from screwing it back together and meeting your goals. Personally, I would have NO PROBLEM buying that home-made piston fly-cutter and making room. I'd bet you'll only need .030 IN DEPTH but where you'd gain room is radially. The amount you'll affect balance is INSIGNIFICANT. And the amount compression would 'suffer' would be the same (INSIGNIFICANT!). A bunch of people that have given advice, do this stuff for a living and I don't think their advice is being considered or absorbed. You do nice work, you aren't as far off as you think meeting your goals with the parts you have. Some of the theories you hold tight to are holding you back. Get that thing back together and the next time you're beside that Camaro, he'll be watching your rear-end! Based on what I see the camshaft IS a .430 lobe. Don't be so quick to change parts, it is unnecessary. (But that cam might like a better spring, talk later)