Quote:

The attached pic was posted earlier on by someone. That's at least 1 of the worst blown TFs I've seen and wonder how the driver ever escaped injury. Were they using any type of protection at all with the automatics back then such as a plate on the floor or a blanket of some sort? I've seen a few old pics of blown gassers circa 69-70 that appear to have trans blankets hanging down. I've seen a few TFs with chunks of the sides out or bellhousings split and case with top removed but that pic really takes the cake. Wonder someone didn't lose a leg on that one. Looks like most blew downward but surely there had to be some penetration of the floorboard with a blowup like that.

I now have the car that is seen in that picture. Believe it or not, NOTHING went through the floor. It does look like someone took a hammer to it and beat the death out of it though. I had often wondered why the floor was so beat like that. Then I slowly figured the car's history out and traced it back to Mancini. Then I received that pic!