I have a question something I've wonderred for awhile now. What period or at what point would the NHRA stock class cars, in this case Mopars, but would apply to any I suppose, were they run moct close to actually being no more than truely 'blueprinted' stock motors with headers and gears. Just always wonderred when I look back at the old drag cars I see pics of, chiefly stockers. Since I was just a little kid in the 60s I certainly have no personal recollections of seeing or hearing those cars run. Of course now, it is quite apparent to the ears when a 'stocker' is not running a stock cam but one of the high duration 'cheater' cams. I look back at some of the old literature and articles I have collected over the years at some of the Mopars and what they did to the drag cars and then what they ran and I always wonder, ok was that truely a blurprinted stock motor or ? Just for example and to make my point, 1967 E/SA record, 340 Barracuda Coletti Bros. ET 12.79 mph 109.80 Personally I dont see a stocker 340 Barracuda running that kind of ET with the stock cam and just a blueprint job to the motor, headers and usually hefty gears back then, but I don't know. Could it be said those cars were a whole lot closer to true stock than these stockers are today? I do know for a fact they also checked duration closely back then also which they dont do nowadays, hence these rumpety cams that are blatantly nowhere near stock. In another case, someone built a 68 383 Roadrunner to run that same class;E/SA back then, they simply blueprinted the motor, tweaked carb, ignition, headers, 4.56 gears, Hemi convertor and it got close to that 340 Barracuda just barely missing breaking into 12s. Supposedly the factory cam also. Were the guys running the stock class cars circa mid/late 60s getting the relatively decent ETs like that from them with that simplistic approach? Seems like somewhat of a 'lost art' to me with all the high $ off the shel stuff nowadays, no one approaches it that way anymnore and in some ways to me thats a shame. No challenge just boltin mega $ parts on it, and thats why I like the old stock and superstock cars so much.