I called Cummins today after finding out that they are the new manufacture of Chrysler's 426 crate Hemi. They have taken over the reproduction of the motor. I talked to the engineers involved with the project and told them of the bad flack that the crate motor was getting from the old time Hemi builders. I asked them about the honing of the cylinders without torque plates(Being Done), lifter valley clearances(insuring proper clearance), lack of valve guides in the cast cylinder heads(guides are part of the cylinder head casing then machined) and they assured me that they were aware of the problems that the past builders of this Hemi had done and have made any and all corrections to the Hemi. The said they knew of all the problems I addressed and that every bit of care and quality was going into the NEW Hemi as they put into there Cummins Diesel Motors. They said anyone buying a New Hemi was getting a quality motor not the old motor that had all the problems that we have talked about here. They sounded honest to me..Here is there phone number to judge for your self but I feel a little better: 1-800-387-0009 ext 846
Bob Jack

Last edited by cobratech; 06/28/06 09:37 PM.