A shot of the A/C blower motor I had to modify. Actually I had to remove the valve cover to install the blower motor. Yes I did have to grind the block some to fit a mini starter into a stock 4 speed aluminum (####513 I think) bellhousing. I am running the Schumacher mounts. I shimmed them over to the drivers side. I cut a slice out of the shock tower with the engine installed. Worked through the fenderwell and welded a reverse slice back into the hole. I have Stage V magnesium covers. DO NOT CONFUSE THE CLEARANCE ISSUES OF THE COVERS WITH THE DESIGN OF THE HEADS!!! The heads are excellent!!! You can use stock covers with these heads. The newer ones, like mine, have 1 bolt hole in the right end of the heads. The problems requiring these "larger" covers is the exhaust valve retainers. It is my understanding the factory retainers were smaller in diameter. When "hopping up" the valve train using larger retainers will provider a larger selection in valve springs. That's why you occasionally find steel or sheet aluminum covers for sale that have been hammered on for clearance of the retainers. There are also raised port units which I have no clue about. My TTI's (2 1/8 tubes) fit without any problems. I fit the M.P. fan package on mine without a shroud...have heating issues... If you do not use the thick "Hemi" balancer (which you certainly do not have to) you can use regular B or R/B stuff. I used a GM 1 wire alternator W/factory B R/B alternator brackets. I used the stock throttle cable with a little "extender" to reach the front carb on the Stage V intake setup. Required the same extender for a Rat Roaster intake I had on it first. Made a flat air cleaner base (raised a little to clear the float adjusters) and used a stock oval lid and "stock" K&N air filter to clear my T/A style hood.
Curt

2723534-118-1857_IMG.JPG (429 downloads)

Oh yeah...THAT'S gonna leave a mark!