i have an arruzza motor and he does run them on a test stand, drains the oil, retorques the heads and sets the valves and timing and breaks in the cam, what he doesnt do is put the engine under a dyno load, no need to if it isnt a full on race motor, now not to start a big argument here but, it really doesnt make sense to me to dyno load a brand new motor? his combination of parts, head works, cam, compression ratio etc have know h.p and torque levels, so no need to dyno load the motor, i also have a banning engine as well, i specifically requested no dyno load on the motor, engine was broken in on the test stand, oil changed, timing set and sent to me, both engines started with the first click of the key and although i only have 300 miles on the banning motor, after a little carb work(jetting and power valving,typical stuff and a bit more timimg)the engine sounds awesome fires right up stays cool, even on a 100 degree day in town, and my install in a 70 cuda was very straight forward, i used the tti 2 1/8 tubes with power sterring, they practically fell into place with no mods,mini starter was simple bolt in easy deal, i did use a sctattershield which did require a very small half moon(hemispherical?) piece of the edge of the scattershield to be removed about the size of a quarter, the clear the tubes, only clearnce problem is on passenger side shock tower, which is undectectable at any rpm, used arruzza mounts, flexible milidon dipstick tube, used stock 440+6 wiring harness, stock 440 pulleys, griffin bolt in aluminum radiator with a shroud that i made,elctric fuel pump, twin holleys, car runs great so far, only 300 miles slight oil seepage from pan( i hate leaks) the arruzza motor went into my charger, hemi k frame hemi mounts etc, power steering power disc brakes, put entire assembly in from underneath, valve covers need to be removed and reinstalled after motor and k frmae are installed too wide for lower section of engine bay, no problems at all after that, charger is stock looking resto, with factory correct bellhousing and linkage, 956 radiator, hemi cluth fan etc etc, arruzza motor was dead on out of the crate very crisp, very responsive, carbs were dead on, ignition very close, car only has a few miles on it yet so can not really compare the two as to performance but they should be real stormers i am sure, the ebody swap is pretty simple i do agree on the staement of prerunning the motor on a test stand before install if it is a factory crate or a tear down and reassembly but the test run would be real cool and offer much more info. the stock 727 will bolt up and work fine if it is in good working condition, all your factory linkage will work with out any modification and the correct kickdown linkage is available through Newcombs Hemispherical parts( if hes still around?)if your car has factory a/c you should be able to make it work with the new smaller compact compressors, pretty straight forward swap with out alot of problems, just takes a little patience, and alot of money!

2724549-newcovers049.jpg (439 downloads)