Originally Posted by AndyF
Originally Posted by BradH
Originally Posted by sixpackgut
Im 8 up 10 back to tank with reg after the carb. Mallory 140 with their regulator. Been running this setup on past 2 cars for 15 years. No other way I would do it

Makes no sense to me why the return line would need to be bigger than the feed line; there's already going to be a reduction in volume from filling the carb, so having it the same size should be sufficient... IMO. grin

EDIT: Not sure of the manufacturer, but here's another schematic that's similar to what I posted above.

That system should work just fine on most cars. I think that you could even put the regulator in the trunk next to the fuel cell and dead head the pressure line to the carbs and have it work okay. That is the way my Duster is setup and it works. Some people don't like the long dead head section but it is under pressure so it should be fine. Most OEM cars are that way, even the high performance ones.

Thats true Andy, BUT they are ALL high pressure EFI, down here in the heat @ 6 to 8 psi for Carb use will have problems.

Last edited by csk; 01/31/20 04:08 PM.

1968 Charger COLD A/C Hilborn EFI
512ci 9.7 compression, Stealth heads, 4.10 gear A518 ODtrans 4100lb,10.93 full street car trim
2020 T/A 392 Stock 11.79 @ 114.5