Originally Posted by tubtar
I followed the manufacturer's instructions , even though they didn't make a ton of sense to me. B.G. HR 240 pump.
-8 from tank to carbs , -8 to bypass regulator , which is past the carburetor and -10 return to the tank.
The pressure stays right where daddy likes it under load and not that I am at a level where it will make a big difference , but the fuel is always tank temperature , and doesn't head up sitting in the under hood area.
I insulated the lines where they are near potential heat sources , and I did that with my last deal that didn't use a return.
I never had a problem with re-starts or boiling fuel in that one either.

I assume you're describing figure #3 as referenced below. It doesn't make much sense to me either so I may call Holley tomorrow and ask a few questions about it for clarification unless it comes to me pretty quick. I'm also trying to understand why some systems utilize a larger return than the supply while others run the same or even smaller with a restrictor. I was original leaning towards an Earls 12847ERL regulator but need to do more research on all the details before I pull the trigger on one. In all honesty, I'm not sure that the buy in cost on that particular regulator makes a lot of sense unless I'm just set on having all Earls components. There's probably a better choice one way or the other. Just need to decide what that is. work

Screenshot_2020-01-30-19-31-07~2.png

[img]https://s9.postimg.cc/6fbjxzfvv/48-2016-_Drag-_Weekend-_Best-_Burnouts-lpr.jpg[/img]

73 GTX *440*727*8 3/4*
69 DART GT *440*4 SPEED*DANA*
73 ROAD RUNNER *451*4 SPEED*DANA*
64 F100 *383*4 SPEED*9"*
75 DODGE D300 *440*4 SPEED*DANA*
99 DODGE RAM 3500 4X4 DUALLY... ON 38"s