Thanks Jeff968 . Mom needed a new car we, (my sisters and I) had beat on the family 1963 Galaxie 500 nearly to death in less than 100K. Road Runners were popular amungst teens. They were advertized a lot and at a good price. Dad wanted to pull his boat to Maine and take the family (5 on this trip). My sister and I pleaded a lot with Mom and Dad , She was 18 and I was 17 . Mom agreed to the four speed as that was standard equipment. The dealer wouldn't make a deal on the 4 speed cars though. The car offered plenty of power, and heavy duty suspension so it would be great pulling the boat and there was enough room inside for the five of us including my 6 year old little sister.
Dad hated the HD suspension. He was used to his cushy riding old 1961 T-Bird . But he was impressed with the performance of road runner !
Mom loved it. She had her stories of victory on the street when some kids laughed at the old Lady driving the road runner.
Great memories.

Mark

Last edited by Hemi Allstate; 11/28/19 11:45 PM.

http://marsh-racing.com/Mark%20Mahorney-Allstate.htm
1996 Ram 1500 Sport
1968 road runner
1952 Sears Allstate licensed, pump gas, Hemi 5.98 @ 115.73 1.33 60 ft. The best is yet to come. Painless Performance / Street RODDER magazine Top 100 for 2019