Alright guys, I'm completely confused here. I couldn't resist taking it out for a drive after converting it back over to pump gas. Risky, I know, but I think a part of me is tired of this 2 year battle and maybe wants to blow it up so I can start from scratch lol

Anyway, I set my targets in the FITECH and took her for a drive. She ran great. The computer was obviously still learning and had a hiccup here and there, but the first time I leaned into it she ran like a raped king kong. Hit boost and blew the drag radials off the car in first and second at part throttle, pulled in third clean and hard like it hasn't done since I first fired her up. I drove it around for about another 30 minutes, beat on it a little more and took it home. Took it out again today and it still pulled hard, but started running a little rougher, misfiring a bit more and just didn't seem to have the power it had yesterday in boost.

Took the plugs out and this is what I see. These are the plugs with less than 45 min run time, a mix of local cruising and some 1/2-3/4 throttle pulls. Click for bigger pics
611EB52D-1AD9-481F-9FBA-100B6F816547 by Kris A, on Flickr
Look at cylinder 1. In person it look dry and sooty to me, no shine to it at all and not wet.

I checked all the bores again with the scope and looking at it now, they actually don't look wet (to me at least). It looks more like dry carbon.

How the HELL am I getting such a rich hole in a throttle body injection setup? Could the fuel distribution really be THAT bad?

Here is a close up of bank 2 where the wideband 02 reads from
360814F0-C306-4154-B5D2-0CF4777777AF by Kris A, on Flickr

And bank 1:

0B1B1EED-F16E-47B3-BC19-249B552301F5 by Kris A, on Flickr

I tried to do a leak down test but found my gauge cracked in the case. Getting dark and cold out now so that'll probably have to wait.

I don't know what to think anymore. Here is my FLIKR account where you guys can see some more detailed pictures of the plugs and pictures I took of the borescope screen for each cylinder. The borescope is pretty grainy to begin with so the pictures of the screen aren't the greatest, but maybe someone will notice something I'm not understanding.

FLIKR picture account

Last edited by 1mean340; 12/23/18 07:14 PM.