Originally Posted By crabman173
I know this sounds nuts but...
I see so many post about washed out rings and I wonder---
I had a stroker big block six pack engine on the dyno--custom set new carbs with max mods and build--Fired it up all good ran for about 10 minutes--sounded weird--took about 10-15 minutes of looking everything over until I pulled carb bowls--NO JETS! OK well there is the problem--next we drain the oil--filled a bucket with oil and raw fuel--Ok so rings and who knows what else ruined! So I said why not? Filled with fresh oil--added some jets--swapped plugs--fired it back up--ran normal break in and when dyno day was over it made exactly what it should have to start with--
That was about 2010 and it is still melting tires and making smiles so
If one was going to "wash out" the rings it was that unit
I think that some do for sure but they are tougher than we might think and many that are suspected have not done that at all.

Fix the issue change oil and plugs, set timing and let her rip

Sounds like you caught it pretty quick and took care of it and then put some load to it.

When I see a fuel wash thing it's usually when you have an issue over time...like a choke being stuck on. The continuous long term fuel wash (long term is relative...I've seen it done in a few days of being not corrected) kills the rings. Once they are toast, you can't get it back without new rings.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston