Hey guys, still trying to knock out some of the issues with my procharged 340 before spring.

A lot of the issues have been with tuning on E85 using the FITECH 1200. I have been running into a ton of problems from loading up badly at idle/rich tip ins and all sorts of other AFR problems.

One thing I noticed is that the plugs keep coming out fuel fouled, which is expected with the AFR issues I've been having with the FITECH. a couple have a shiny, glazed black crust on them that seems like oil deposits though.

Anyway, I took a bore scope to the pistons and the tops of all the pistons are soaked in wet, black sludge.

I put the borescope down the manifold and the manifold is bone dry. The intake ports are also dry.

This a new motor (maybe 1500 miles) with total seal gapless rings. I'm running about 7PSI of boost and don't have a PCV or vacuum pump. I do have both valve covers plumbed to a vented catch can. Theres NO oil residue in either of the hoses from the valve covers and I never have any oil in the catch can. Not even a misting inside the fittings coming off the valve covers.

I really don't think I have been burning a significant amount of oil either, but it has been hard to say because I had a stubborn leak from the 90 degree adapter for a little while so I did have to top it off a couple of times.

Just wondering what you guys think about a PCV or vacuum pump system, if I should need one for this setup? What else should I check for? I just found it weird that I could be getting that much oil but none in the catch can.

Also what are your guesses on what may be causing the wet piston tops?

Last edited by 1mean340; 12/08/18 07:46 PM.