Sorry I have to put the little one to sleep and will not be able to help you on the setup but you can look it up like you just did. Hopefully I typed this correctly.

To double check if you are at Zero. Put the piston stop in the Number one cylinder again.

1. Begin by rotating the crankshaft by hand in a clockwise direction, until the piston comes up and stops against the piston stop.

2. Note the position of where the pointer is at the degree wheel.

3. Next hand turn the engine in the opposite direction until the piston comes up and once again at the stop.

4. Look at the pointer again ‘this should stop exactly the same amount on the other side of Zero!’

5. Again TDC is the distance exactly between these two marks and should be Zero. If it is not then you are off, do below.
  • Remove the stop and rotate the motor until the degree wheel is exactly between the two marks above in steps 2 and 4.
  • Without moving the wheel, move the pointer to Zero. Now rotate the motor a quarter turn and put the stop in again.
  • Repeat steps 1-5 above again if the degree wheel stops the same amount before and after zero you are exactly at zero.

Locating TDC is CRITICAL if you are to Degree the Cam successfully.

Allen Here's a novel idea, let's not throw a bunch of parts at the car hoping it will fix the problem and instead spend a little time diagnosing it first. Life was a little easier when I was just a wrench.