Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Incorrect moper. A cam with a different base circle diameter will change the valve train geometry. So will head milling, blocking decking, head gasket thickness, etc.

I'd like to hear how you figure that.

I think the main isue w. milling, cutting, decking is you might need to shim the shafts or use adjustable push rods. I had a set of 915's cut way back when and used a set of thin head gaskets (and got the intake cut to match) I was gonna use adjustable push rods but they was $$$$ so I shimmed the shafts and it ran killer. built 383 spun it to 7200 every weekend. zippy problems.

I think (and I'm just a weekend warrior) he has 2 issues, I do think his carb needs a good tuning and double check that cam and t-chain. Since you got the front of the motor apart it should be pretty easy. Like I said way back 106 is about right, your et is off and your 60, 100 foot is off. You'll get it right. Try this..remove the rocker shafts and do a compression test. If you have 140 again you know you have a ring problem or just low compression, in that case get a different cam, if it goes up to 170 or so you know you have a cam installation problem. Good luck, I hate chaseing problems.