Quote:

Interesting thread. Lotta experts here. I didn't say he didn't have a timing problem. I said cutting it back 3-4 degrees wasn't going to solve his problem. Neither is degreeing in his cam - if his marks are lined up correctly. His problems are much bigger than 3-4 degrees in ignition or cam timing. If he doesn't have a fuel delivery problem now, he definately will when/if he gets his "other problem(s)" sorted out. And speaking of fuel, we just got a lot more to feed this thread - "used cam". Gee, I wonder if that's when his problems started??? "140 psi cranking compression" - A tired 8:1 360 motor will deliver 20 PSI more than that - unless of course the cam timing is off, he only let it register one pump, cranking speed was 300 rpm, etc, etc, etc. " timing marks won't line up - off 1/2 tooth" - Pretty remote guess that the gears are miss-marked. R-U sure you are lining up the "0's" and not any other marks (advanced / retard marks) on the gears?? Here is a good tip: Go back to the last thing you changed that made the car have 3-5" of vacuum at idle and you will find your problem!

Agree a low compression engine + a 509 cam = dog out of the gate.