Quote:

Incorrect moper. A cam with a different base circle diameter will change the valve train geometry. So will head milling, blocking decking, head gasket thickness, etc. Running too small a fuel line won't affect it though.

I'd like to hear how you figure that.

I understand things differently... let me try and explain what I know believe to be true. Rocker geometry is the relationship of the fulcrum point, or pivot point which is the centerline of the shaft in a Mopar, to the arc created as the rocker tip travels. On a factory shaft system, the only variables are the saddles, which are tough to but not impossible to be messed up... or the valve seat depth and the resulting effective lengthening of the valve stem and tip, which affects where the tip of the valve is at rest (closed). You can take a stock head and block, mill .300", .050", or 3" off them, and you will have only made the effective length of the pushrods shorter. You have not changed anything in the rocker and valve tip relationship. The sweep will always be unchanged by any of those. A smaller base circle cam, milled deck, or milled heads or lifter design directly affect the pushrod length you need. The single biggest issue with geometry problems an mopars is bad valve jobs where the seats are sunk making the valves too long unless the stems are trimmed a like amount to reset the height. A good shop, with a modern seat milling center, makes that as easy as reading the indicator when the seats are cut.

edit: I would second the leakdown. And degree the cam...

Well, art is art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water! And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now, uh... Now you tell me what you know.