Quote:

Im working on getting a degree wheel. But heres another "long shot". Edelbrock recommends the use of adjusteble rocker arms when using cams with a greater-than-stock lift. There has to be a reason for this. Since Im running the MP509, is it possible the rocker stands themselves might not be machined at the same height as say a stock cast iron head, therefore causing the valves to "hang open"? Much like a Chevy with the rockers adjusted too tight? I do have experience with that scenario and the effect is great. I should have a degree wheel tomorrow and Ill take a crack at it.

But who here thinks I could benefit from an adjustable rocker setup? Id like to rule that out as a possibility as well. I appreciate all of the replies. Its all very interesting. I just hope I can get to the bottom of this.

Might be a "short shot" after all. Don't touch anything yet. Start by pulling the rocker covers. There are several ways to check for this issue. Compressed air into the cylinder via the spark plug hole being the easiest. Bring no. 1 up to TDC on the compression stroke and hit it with 100 psi of air. If it's leaking you'll hear it.