Freshened the engine this winter, new lifters (because I'm paranoid), new stock rocker arms, new timing set and a redesigned piston (same compression). Overall my builder was very happy with how everything looked, he said after 400 runs we could have reused the bearings.

The biggest change made was going from a 727 to a powerglide and switching from a 29.5x10.5W bias to a 28x10.5 Pro Bracket Radial.

First run out of the box was a 9.82@136 and all of the other 10 passes I made last weekend were in the 9.80's as well. I'd guess I lost about a tenth in ET, all in 60 foot. Previously the car went 1.37 60 foot, it now goes 1.42. The higher first gear compounded with only a 4.10 rear gear causes the car to lay on the converter for the first few seconds of the run until it can catch up and for about a second after the shift occurs.

This winter I might move to a 4.56 and make the chassis legal for the 9's, the track hasn't said anything to me but it's going to happen eventually. I'm licensed, I have all the safety gear, however the car needs a cage and window net.

-Dustin
67 Dart, 9 second, 392" G3 Hemi
68 Barracuda 340 F/SA