Thanks for the info and link on the springs 528Dart. I happy with the springs now that I've added the leaves but if I end up doing something different down the road that sure opens up some options.

I've been working on getting the power steering pump mounted over the last couple of days. The only readily available PS pump bracket for the early hemi out there seems to be the Hot Hemi Heads one, but that is for the newer (small) GM pump with a remote reservoir. PAW used to sell a bracket for the older Saginaw pump that would have been exactly what I needed, but they have been out of business for years now. At least I've still got a copy of their old catalog with pictures so I had a starting point.

I had originally planned of just building the brackets on the car. I really didn't relish the thought of bending over the fender and radiator and getting everything aligned, drilled, and welded. My friend of mine came to my rescue however, he was kind enough to loan me an old 331 block, cart to set it on, timing cover and water pump adapters. Between that and the odds and ends I have around here I was able to mock up the short block to use to build the brackets. Sitting on a stool figuring everything out sure beats doing it on car.

MUPS by M Patterson, on Flickr

I started out with an old pump I had laying and a pretty common old SBC PS bracket.

HP1 by M Patterson, on Flickr

The modifications to the bracket and a couple of smaller support brackets weren't hard to do or complicated, but getting everything aligned took a fair amount of time and tweaking.

HP3 by M Patterson, on Flickr

Having the mockup block was a real blessing and definitely worth the time and effort to set up.

HP2 by M Patterson, on Flickr

I picked up a rebuilt pump and belt. and ended up using a different pulley than the one I started with but I finally got everything sorted out.

Bolting it all to the engine was straight forward and I'm happy with the result.......but boy I still wish I had bought one of the PAW brackets years ago when I built the engine. :LOL:

HP4 by M Patterson, on Flickr

I've run out of easy stuff so I guess next is getting the old steering gear out and fitting the 605 box.

1957 Plymouth (Hemi, Dual Quads, A833 4 Speed 9 1/4 w 4.10) Sold
1937 Dodge Pickup (Hemi, 6X2 intake, 46RH, Dana 60 w 4.56) Sold
1968 Plymouth Valiant 2dr sedan (354 HEMI, 46RH w/4.30 gears)