pjc360 i thought of you the other day. i thought my msd streetfire died on me. it was just a funny mistake though.
i haven't driven my truck in a month or so, i needed to move it, so i moved my coronet first, the battery ran down so i had to get jumper cables out. i was in a bit of a rush too.

got it moved then went to start my truck, turned the key in the ignition and i could tell it wasn't firing. checked some stuff and then gave up. later i checked resistance on the pickup coil in my dist, seemed fine. i was thinking i would just swap out the dist real quick. then i got back in my truck and turned the key, got one turn out of it and it fired off once and then nothing with the key.
then i remembered the ignition switch in my truck is bad and it wasn't supposed to be turning over with the key, there is a button to bypass it. ign. switch doesn't give the ign 12v in the start position, only in run.
LOL.
i just forgot how to start my own truck...

also, it's wayyyy cold here now and i still have the summer tune on the carb which is actually just a box stock quick fuel HR650 with the transition leaned out. it's just a bit lean in the summer but totally driveable after it gets about 5 mins of heat in the motor. with it in the low 30's to 20's right now it's misses real bad until it's fully warm. it's mostly in the transition circuit. because i have the jets at stock baseline tune.
i thought about bumping the IFR's up to .029 from .028 but i just gave the idle mix screws the smallest turn i could give them (setting is about half turn from closed) and it smoothed it out a bit, driving better now. will prob drill the .028 IFR's to .029 when it warms up.