I’m not quite done moving, I got the truck back from the shop yesterday.
It is geared up front with 4.56s now so I have 4wd back.
Tonight I decided to turn the rev limiter all the way up to 9k rpm on both dials.
I pull the light out and check every cylinder with and without vacuum advance with engine refer to 2500 rpm.
Now the only cylinders that were showing a break in the light tonight are cylinder 6 and cylinder 8.
So I plugged the vacuum advance back in and checked cylinder 1 at 2500 and it’s not missing anymore like it was a couple of weeks ago.
The only change made was I turned up the rev limiter from 6k to 9k.
I don’t know why 6 and 8 are missing but I’m gonna bet money that the plugs in those two cylinders are gonna he fuel fouled or some what fuel fouled.
Or maybe just cylinder 8 will be and I was picking up the miss with the light from cylinder 8 while i was on cylinder 6 since the plug wires are so close together.
I’m going to pick up a couple new plugs tonight and play with it a little more in the morning.
I’m going to set the rev limiter at different settings and see what happens.
Since turning it up from 6 to 9 seemed to take away the missing from the other cylinders.
I’m still not 100 percent sure on what to think of this but I still have a gut feeling something is wrong with the crane ignition box.