Originally Posted By RapidRobert
.040" ain't an issue nor is 6/8 crossing each other (& crossing at a good angle as opposed to running parallel for a good length is the best). the problem is elsewhere.

Well tonight I turned down the electric choke a little bit and turned down the fast idle a little bit and installed a brand new plug in cylinder 8.
I’ll drive it to work tomorrow and check the plug when I get home from work tomorrow night and see if that made a difference.
Cause every morning when I fire it up it is running off the choke and fast idle, its possible the choke being a little on the rich side and the fast idle being a little too high was causing the rich condition on cylinder 8’s plug.
And maybe the rough spot around 2500 is still rotor phasing or maybe it’s just my crane ignition box.
I’m going to call around to a few shops tomorrow and hopefully find someone with a sun machine or a spark analyzer that can hook up to my ignition and bring the Rpm up to 2500 and watch the ignition to get a better idea of what’s going on.