Originally Posted By RapidRobert
I wish you were nearby as we could put a spare OE MP ign on it & see if it straightens out. The box IS beginning to look guilty.

Well I used to have a the factory Mopar wiring harness and a chrome Mopar ignition box and a canister oil filled coil.
But now the harness is all hacked up, I still have the chrome box, and I don’t have a coil or a ballast anymore, I don’t know what happened to them.
I moved a couple years back and I suspect it’s probly all buried in my storage unit somewhere.
I could just go buy an msd digital 6 box for a couple hundred bucks at my local Oreilly auto parts store, it would be super easy to wire inn since I already have a cd ignition box wired inn and all the wiring is there for a cd ignition.
I just hate spending money on things without knowing without a doubht that what I’m replacing is the cause of the problem.
But everything at this point seems to be point at the crane box.
Specially when you consider I went through an un-usual amount of pick up coils in my previous Mopar distributor.
I always thought that was strange, I went through 3 pick up coils in about 10k miles and I think whatever issue this crane box has is what was wiping those pick up coils out.
And when you also consider the box gets kind of warm to the touch when you hold the throttle at 2500 and it starts missing and the red led light on the box starts flickering while the throttle is held at 2500 and it’s missing.