Well like I said I turned down the choke a little bit on the carb and turned down the fast idle a little bit and installed a brand new plug on cylinder 8.
Started it this morning and let it run on the choke and fast idle for about 10 minutes this morning when I first started it.
Left for work and to my surprise it felt a lot better at 2500 rpm in 2nd gear cruising down the road at 35-37 mph.
It wasn’t shaking nearly as bad and felt smoother.
I’m starting to think I just simply had the fast idle on the choke turned up a little too high and the choke was maybe opening a little too slow.
I do know that with this quickfuel carb when I first got it I was fouling plugs like crazy, like 3 or 4 plugs would be completely black and I realized the fast idle being too high was the cause of it cause with the engine idling on fast idle at night I could see the herders turning red and I called quickfuel about the issue and the guy said the engine was loading up with too much fuel on fast idle and to turn the fast idle and the choke down a little bit.
So I did that and I thought it was good but I’m thinking I didn’t have it turned down enough and it was still affecting cylinder 8’s plug.
Time will tell I guess I will run it a couple days like this and check number 8s plug after a few days of running it like I normally do.