Bringing this thread back from the dead. I have to make this car more road trip/gf bearable. Gf loves the car, but it's pretty annoying that we have to raise our voice in the car to talk cruising around town. I haven't even taken her on the freeway, yet.

Since the last post I had, the 14" Dynomax Super Flow mufflers were removed and 18" Magnaflow mufflers were placed in instead. This removed some of the drone, but not all. Now it only drones between 1800-2100 RPM, but is still pretty bad and in optimal cruising speeds. I also had the leaf springs moved in with Dr Diff's offset shackle kit so adding resonators to the tailpipes may be a no go at this point. I'll have to check tomorrow (finally, a day off). That being said, in December, I'm going to have a 3 week break from my master's program and the last week of the year, I'm taking off from work, so I'll have some time to work on the car. I am thinking about going with some advice most of you had in the beginning and getting rid of the turndown tailpipes and adding some clamp on exhaust tips to, hopefully, redirect the pulses away from the car instead of under the car. I can only imagine it should be pretty easy and only require grinding the tips off, deburring the tubes, and clamping new ones on. Once I have time to play with my el cheapo welder and be comfortable with it, I'll weld them in place in the future. I was thinking about either dual (https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/jex-jst123/overview/) or oval tips (https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/bor-20155/overview/), but am not sure which would look better. I want something a little different than classic round tips. Does anybody know if these usually come with clamps or if I should order some? If so, what's the best clamp to get?

If this doesn't work, I may just follow 360view's advice and try clamping on 90's and making it sort of like a side exit exhaust from the back to get rid of that drone.

I'm looking to order parts soon, so I can just have at it once I finally get my break.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you all and Happy Thanksgiving!

At Hotchkis 2.jpg