I definitely did by mine for a while there. Looking back on it, with the car running now and just ironing out (hopefully) minor issues, I'm still not that happy with what it took out of me.

I literally spent just over a full year of my life, every weekend and vacation I had off from work wrenching on it sometimes as much as 12-14 hours a day. I felt like I had no life other than the car this past year and even with the excitement of getting it done it still feels like I wasted the last year of my life buried in the garage. The money is just money, you can always make more...it's the time that gets me. Luckily I had a great friend (540challenger) helping me out along the way and letting me use his lift or I probably would have went crazy lol

It actually made me want to ditch the twin turbo 96 Impala SS project that t I've been building for years and go to an LS3 GM crate engine. Sometimes you just can't put a price on being able to bolt stuff in like it's from the factory and not have to deal with custom building everything. I have fun performing the fab work on the larger components that really make the build unique, but when every little thing you install has to be modified or custom built to work it gets really old fast.

I HATE to say this, but I'm starting to see the appeal to late model cars. I remember when I first bought my Impala many years ago and all it took was a few bolt ons to make that EFI LT1 motor keep up with many new cars. I spent WAY more time driving it and NOT worrying about what will go wrong than I did working on it. Now you can buy many late model cars, bolt a supercharger on it in a couple of hours and run 10's. I'll never do it though because I just can't drive something everyone else has. LOL