Originally Posted By 70RT Charger
I've had my Charger for 12 years. I got tired of the old rotten interior, leaks and so forth and decided to completely restore it. I'm trying desperately to get it finished. Was hoping by this fall but ain't going to happen. I'm completely restoring and replacing everything new or rebuilt. I've done lot of the work myself but do to my work schedule im paying a couple of guys to try and get it finished for me. They've been really fair with me but the cost of all of the new parts have been really staggering. Seems like they are no end to any of it. I'm about to give it a break as soon as I get my motor, trans., wiring and gauges in it. Sometimes I wished I never tore it apart and made it my Ratty muscle car lol

I don't think very many people have the resources (time, money, space, tools, etc.) to tackle a full resto project. It is probably smarter for people to just do one part of the car at a time. Rebuild the brakes as one project then upgrade the suspension, then fix the heater box, then rebuild the transmission, etc. Projects like that can be handled in a few weeks each by most folks. Taking the whole thing apart tends to set off a mushroom cloud in the garage!