Originally Posted By parksr5

There is some heavier metal work that I'm not willing to tackle so; it will go somewhere to have at least some of the metal work done. Then I think about the inefficiency of having a shop doing a portion of the metal work, just to bring it home to finish the remaining items. It almost makes sense just to have a shop deliver me a rolling painted car for me to reassemble. Then I struggle with the fact that I’ll look at the car for years and not have the satisfaction of having done the body work myself; especially since I did it for a living for several years and can do it. Maybe the shop doing the work won’t do it to my liking either.

I hear you on that one. Paint/body is most time consuming and costly part of the build for most. It would be nice to have someone complete that part as it would help the build make a huge leap forward. But with high cost (most shops around here charging $7K -12K for a quality paint job, plus any metal replacement) and all the horror stories of projects permanently screwed up by "professional" shops, parts stolen, delays, etc., its a tough hurdle to get past.

'68 Bee 383/TF/Factory Air...high school sweetheart
'67 GTX Clone project,500 six pack,Hemi4-speed,Dana
05 Dodge Viper, 505 V-10, 6-speed Tremec