Originally Posted By 383man
Originally Posted By WO23Coronet
Originally Posted By sixpackgut
My 493 10.5-1, 590 mopar cam, edel rpm heads 600hp

Upgraded to indy ez and solid roller made around 720hp

426 6.1 base. Eagle heads. 10.5-1, .600 lift hyd cam 620ish hp

That upgrade on the BB cost alot of money. I put aluminum caps in the motor when I upgraded because I got "nervous". Roller cam and everything that goes with it. Very spendy. Going over that 600 mark seems to get much more expensive

What's the duration specs on your cam, if it's not proprietary info

I am just wondering where you picked up most of the 120 hp gain ? I was under the impression in stock form the basic EZ heads and Eddy RPM head are close in flow and performance ? So I am curious what EZ heads you went to and how much work was done to them ? Thanks , Ron

Well, i switched to a welded up tunnel ram with MW port. I ported the EZ head. Brad H flowed it 335@6 350@7 if I remember correctly. Bigger roller cam. Might have switched to 3 500cfm carbs around that time. I found a little tunnel ram jetting trick

Right now I have an aluminum Arrow block I bought from Josh K. Short block is at Barton getting 14-1 and the moroso drag pack oil pan. Cam slightly bigger with duration in the 260s.

Heads on my current motor are eagles that flow 275@4, 310@5, and 345@6

I have 2 sets of other heads. Eagles opened up for apache valves for a smaller chamber. They go 305@4, 355@.6 i think

My apache heads go 320@4 and 360@6

I really would like Thiteks for spring options but don't have the money for them.

I had sent my awesomely running Thumpercarb to another carb builder to convert to e85 and it is running so poorly that the whole project has me disgusted. I should have never sent that carb to someone else.

Anyway, e85 stations are popping up all over around here and hoping to lose 100 lbs and make around 700hp and maybe dip into the 5s 1/8th and still drive to the track.

But I have another project that needs finished and need to complete that before the cuda gets finished

Gen 3 power 6.22@110, 9.85@135
Follow @g3hemiswap on instagram

performance only racing, CRT, ultimate converter, superior design concepts, ThumperCarbs