Originally Posted By gregsdart
Compared to you, Pittsburghracer, I am a good gen 3 racemotor candidate. I have NO spare parts for my 528, but i do have mechanical fuel injection that only requires a mounting bracket for the pump and a manifold, and have acquired Apache heads complete ready to run, a 3.888 crank, early 5.7 core motor, good rods, SRT exhaust and complete intake system plus a Helcat blower assembly in need of a front bearing.
It would be cheaper to build a 380 inch gen 3, and with the heads flowing 340 cfm right out of the box I would think 750 hp would be a piece of cake. Better yet sell the crank and rods and go as big as the 5.7 will allow, have the heads touched up a bit and be within a tenth or two of my current motors performance for a LOT less than I have in that piece.
In the end, it really is more about what we like. With your stash, a garage sale would get you enough cash to fund the project from what it sounds like. The fact that you posted this says you might,, some day.

You are never to old to try new things but honestly I haven't even raced a car with a big block since my wreck in 2010. Its been kinda fun playing with some of this small block stuff. Now with the heads-up car hitting the track soon (finally a big block) I have a whole bunch of learning to do. Nitrous tuning, progressive, Grid, suspension tuning, and what-ever other new hurdles come up. I will be buying at least a set of W7 head cores for a 48 degree build because of the Jessel rockers, intake, rods, pistons, and block I picked up at give away prices, but that another day down the road.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time