I know this is not an everyday ocurance but I just picked up a 2011 eagle 5.7 hemi off CL with 109,000 miles for $300, (I have picked up a couple of earlier ones around that price), opened it up to see if he sold me some junk, everything looked like new so I am stuffing it in my truck right now to get it running while I build the good motor. The good motor is going to have a SRT 392 cam ($68) from the dealer(.577 lift) I am gonna bump compression and quench up for $200 at the machine shop, the heads that flow as much as a real good ported W2 heads. Arrow racing has a nice looking intake for $500ish carb or EFI but if your going EFI the factory intakes are pretty awesome. There is some sticker shock on headers and oil pans but if your getting real good SB stuff than they are comparable. There is pros and cons to both but if your buying stuff from scratch you got to look real hard at the gen III. If your buddy has to buy an X block from you and pay you for some W2s that flow 330+ CFM then he has just leveled the playing field on price plus he don't have aluminum heads, lightweight plastic intakes, cheap 7000+ RPM hydro roller lifters, and far better oil control yet. My truck has 300,000 miles, used zero oil and the cylinder walls look almost new.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!